Entrants will be able to show off their painting skills while competing for the Golden Dragon! This contest takes place across 4 categories, and you can pull miniatures from your favorite games!
Miniatures can come from any miniature line or miniature game set. However busts, large statues or repainted figurines are not within the Scale of Miniatures and will not be accepted.
- Allowed Minis: Warhammer 40K, Warhammer Age of Sigmar, Custom Repaints of X-Wing Minis, Bones/Reaper Minis, Relic Knight Minis, Super Dungeon Explore Minis, Descent Minis, Battletech Minis, Warhordes/Warmachines, Guild Ball Minis, Infinity Minis, Etc.
- Not Allowed: Resin Anime Figurines, Custom Painted Gundams, Resin Busts, etc.
Our contest has 4 Categories: Leader or Hero , Special Unit or Single Unit, Squad and Monster or Vehicle.
- Leader or Hero: Leader and Heroes are single units that are set apart from most other miniatures either by size, complexity or other special detail.
Example: Space Marine 1st Captain, Reaper/Bones Hero (Your DnD or Pathfinder Mini), Battletech Lead Mech, Infinity Hero or Leader, etc.
- Special Unit or Single Unit: These are the Heavy Weapons guys, the halfling the totes your group gear around, or just a single unit that looks Epic and too cool not to feature.
Example: Guild Ball Team Mascots, X-Wing Miniature repainted to look like Poe's X-Wing, Customize Reaper mini painted to look like John Wick, etc.
- Squad: These are for teams or squads. More suited to a full Team from a miniatures game.
Example: Warhammer 40k Kill Team, Age of Sigmar Crypt Horrors, Guild Ball Morticians team, Bloodbowl Human or Ork team, etc.
- Monster of Vehicle: These are the Big-uns! From Giants to mechanical horror and tanks!
Example: Imperial Guard Baneblade Tank, Deamon Prince, Reaper Miniatures Dragons, Cthulhu, etc.
Submitting is easy! Between March 1st and June 15th take a picture of your assembled, but unpainted Miniature(s) and reply to this post! As soon as you do you can start painting!
What else do we need?
- What Game is the Mini from?
- What Faction or Army (If any)?
- Which Category?
- Your Name for the Submission!
Your finished, fully painted miniature(s) need to be finished and dropped off at the Tenth Avenue Arts Center by July 5th. So we can get them placed in a display case in the Lich's Tomb. They will remain on display for the entire event, so our judges have ample time to look them over.
How is the Contest Judged?
GamerCon Staff and our Guest Judges will rank their picks in each category, as well as an overall ranking. We will also have a vote drop box for GamerCon Attendees to vote for their overall favorites in each category.
Voting will be closed Saturday at 10pm and the Winners will be announced Sunday. That's it! Feel free to ask any question. Submission begin March 1st
Can you enter all four categories?
Yep, we want to see as much work as you want to show off! Just remember to submit them as separate pictures in the forum.
Does the model have to be a stock model with no modifications?
Nope! We love Conversations and Kit Bashed Models. The Conversation work CAN already be finished in the provided pictures.